Confirmation of booking
- All bookings are considered as provisional until the contract is signed by both the hirer and the agent. Once the contract is signed by both parties, all such facilities and services will be subject to the terms and conditions of the agreement.
- We reserve the right to terminate the let at any time if the agreed use contravenes standards of ethics or the law.
- The hirer is to use the facilities only for the purposes specified at the time of booking.
- The facilities may not be used for auctions of any kind or in any disguise.
- Payment shall be made in full at least 14 days before the event unless otherwise agreed. A damage deposit of £100 is payable at the time of booking. This will be refunded 7 days after the event provided that there has been no damage caused or any other breach of this agreement.
- Please note that you are financially responsible for any damage sustained to premises during the event. Nothing should be affixed to the walls without prior arrangement with us. At the end of the period of hire the premises shall be left clean and tidy.
- The hirer shall indemnify St Andrew’s Hall against all claims and proceedings of or by any third party arising out of the negligence or willful default of the hirer or any of its guests.
- General and normal cleaning is included in the cost of the hire. You may incur additional charges in instances where an event has created cleaning requirements that are considered to be over and above normal cleaning.
- The room access and vacate times quoted for each function must be strictly adhered to on all occasions. It must be noted that the vacate time is when all guests and equipment are no longer in the room, not the actual function finish time. Music must not be played after 11pm on Monday to Saturday and after 10pm on Sundays. All music must be kept to a level that does not interfere with other users or our neighbours. The maximum number of persons permitted is 130 in St Andrew’s Hall and 50 in the Function Room. It is a condition of hire that the hirer does not exceed this number under any circumstances.
- If the function continues after the time previously advised by us, we reserve the right to increase the room hire charge accordingly and an extra labour charge may apply if the event concludes after the agreed completion time.
- We cannot take responsibility for damage to or loss of items before, during and after an event, and recommend that you arrange appropriate insurance cover.
- St Andrew’s Hall shall not be held responsible for death or bodily injury arising from any cause whatsoever to persons visiting the premises on behalf of, at the invitation of or at the request of the hirer or persons employed by the hirer unless caused by the negligence of St Andrew’s Hall. The hirer is responsible for the orderly conduct of any function and shall ensure that nothing shall be done which will constitute a breach of the law or in any way cause a nuisance.
- The hirer should ensure there is adequate security on the premises for the period of hire.
- The forecourt is private property (outside the church). It may be used for unloading with prior consent from St Andrew’s Hall. No vehicle is to be left parked on the forecourt. There is ample public parking in the vicinity.
- Any notice or other communication should be given in writing to the PCC at: St Andrew’s Parish Office, Chase Side, Southgate, N14 5PP
A copy of these terms and conditions has to be signed and dated by the hirer before a booking can be confirmed.